Friday, March 21, 2008

A Continued Tale

I have decided to continue my story on this fine day. Actually, its not so fine. I am just starting to feel better after the flu hit me full force yesterday. I am very glad that I am on the mend. Punky is also on the mend. He become lame due to an abscess coming through on Wednesday. I went into full on panic mode being that we are leaving one week from today. However, our wonderful farrier put Punky on the rode to recovery so the "big move" is still on schedule. On a side note, I spoke to one of my soon-to-be roommates yesterday and I found out what room I will be getting in the "Little House". Drum roll please.........I got the room with the half bath. Yay! I'm quite excited although I have been told to "not get that excited". However, I still have a toilet all to myself so, YAY!

Okay, getting on with that rest of the story now. So I scheduled my interview at Windchase farm for the second weekend of January. As the time came closer to my interview I became came quite anxious. Thankfully I had a great group of people supporting me. Including my wonderful co-workers at the Haven 1 Kitchen, the amazing people in my Disciple class, and, of course, my very supporting family. They continued to sing my praises and give me words of encouragement when I needed them most. We were to leave on Sunday, and on Saturday I was as jittery as ever. That evening our long time family friend Dolores Zimmerman stopped over so that she could get the low down on guinea pig care being that she was taking care of ours. I was sitting on the floor cleaning my riding boots. She asked me how I was feeling and, in turn, I explained I felt as if I was going to loose my lunch. She then told me that I knew what I was doing and I shouldn't be nervous. I then said that I was most nervous about riding in front of a former olympian. She then gave me the most valuable piece of advice I could have asked for. She told me to just let everything else all fall away and just ride.

With Dolores' bit of advice fresh in my mind, we set out on Sunday morning to Purcellville, Virginia. I usually love road trips. However, this particular trip, seemed to go on FOREVER. I could not wait to get there and jump right in to all the action. When we pulled into the drive way I felt all of the blood drain from my face and some sort of large bat like creatures were running rampant in my stomach. At that moment I wanted to turn around and go home. My anxiety was in full force. My hands started to shake and my palms got sweaty. But, I managed to pull my self together by the time we got out of the car. Before going to find someone in the barn, I gave my parents one last talk on behaving themselves and not doing anything embarrassing. To which they responded with an eye roll.

And, yet again, I must stop here and continue at a later date.

Until Next Time,
The Dark Horse

No comments: